Thursday, February 27, 2014

One Tucker At A Time

A few months ago our 12 year old son lost a good friend to a shooting here in our town. This affected our town very bad.

The little boy that was shot was the son of a deputy sheriff and the school resource officer here in our town. I don't know the deputy sheriff very well and have only met him one time but he is such a great, kind hearted man who loved his kids very much.

The one time I did meet him he talked and talked about his kids and you could just tell he was a great dad and how much he loves them. The next week his son was gone.

This terrible accident made the news forever here. This poor man had also been fighting CPS and the Judges as well for his own kids. CPS had NOT taken his kids from him before anyone gets that thought! He was divorced and his wife had custody of the kids. The wife's boyfriend had made comments or something to that nature to the daughter and the court gave him custody of the daughter. They did not give him custody of the son because "nothing had happened to him yet". I want to make it VERY clear this is what the news had reported and not anything that has been said to me by this officer.

I don't know all the details and to be honest don't want to know all the details of what happened the morning this sweet little boy was shot and killed. I do know that the moms boyfriend shot and killed the little boy and his mom.

The reason I am writing about this in my blog is because this could have been prevented. This should have never happened to this little boy or his mother. This little boy should have been placed with his dad and sister and he would have been here today.

The 2nd reason I am writing about this is because of the fight I have fought and will keep fighting until the day I die. The attorney I am going to see is the attorney for One Tucker At A Time. I hope more then anything she will help us. I hope more then anything she will help this man get justice for his son Tucker.

As I sit here writing this I think of Tucker. I never had the privilege of meeting him but I know my son was good friends with him and talked about him all the time. I know how it affected my son in loosing his friend. I feel as if CPS and the Judges had done their jobs and not "target" people like us who don't deserve it and who have been falsely accused then Tucker would be here to be with his dad.

I have never told Officer Whimpee what we have been thru with CPS. I never told him because I don't trust cops after what we went thru. But to be honest I really like Officer Whimpee and would trust him. I don't know if he will ever read this post or if I will ever tell him or talk to him about our life but I want him to know I look up to him and admire him more then he will ever know. He is still a sheriff here and still works with our kids at the school. Our kids think the world and all of him. When he lost his son we went to the visitation and that funeral home was packed. Every room was filled with lines waiting to see him and give condolences and they just kept coming. As I watched him stand in front of his sons casket he just hugged people and talked to the kids and never shed a tear. He finally needed a break and went outside and we went out to him. We didn't want to impose or bother him but to just say how sorry we were for his loss. I went up to him and he was surrounded by other officers. I touched his back and he turned to me and I said I don't know if you remember me but I'm so sorry for your loss and I hugged him. At the time he didn't remember me but he did remember my daughter who was standing beside me and said he remembered her. As he hugged me back he said something I will never forget. Just love your kids and hug them is what he said to me.

He spoke to the kids and hugged them and spoke to my husband and hugged him. I said to him just a week ago you and I were talking about how much you love your kids and now this and it was all I could do not to bawl. Again he said just love your kids and hug them. I again said I'm so sorry and we told him we couldn't be at the funeral the next day because I was having surgery and he said that was ok and we left.

I remember thinking if that was me in his shoes I would be in so many pieces they would have to sedate me. He was so strong. I'm sure he cried at some point and time. I would have and am not ashamed to say so. I just couldn't get over how he was holding it together and being so strong. He did an interview with the news. He started One Tucker At A Time and boy did that ever take off! It wasn't even but a few weeks and he was back at work! I to this very day am amazed at this man, how strong he is and how kind and loving. I have respect for him and admire him even though he is a "cop".

As I write this I think of you Officer Whimpee and of you Tucker. You both make me feel strong even though I feel weak and feel like this battle with CPS will never end or the laws will never change. I not only fight for my kids but I fight for what happened to you as well Tucker. I hope justice is somehow served for you, your dad and your family. I know your family misses you and your friends and my son as well misses you and I'm sorry this happened to you because CPS and Judges and Laws in this world are so wrong. God Bless you and your family and I will keep fighting to change laws and what happened to you and what hell CPS and KSP has caused our family.

https://www.facebook.com/OneTuckerAtATime

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Deputy-Wimpee-to-make-statement-on-sons-death-Monday-233291481.html



No comments:

Post a Comment