Thursday, February 27, 2014

CPS Is Back

Just when you think you might have peace and quiet something happens to make you think again.

Cps went to the school and talked to our 15 year old daughter on Monday. Communicare where the kids get counseling called and made several allegations.
 Here are just a few.

1. We had missed appointments with the kids for counseling.
2. I had called the day after we had a meeting up there with them and dropped out of the impact program which I might add is a VOLUNTEER service that we did not need.
3. My husband had left and we were getting a divorce.

The list goes on and on and I cant even remember all of it at this point.

Questions they asked my daughter:

1. Was there hitting going on in the home?
2. Were her mom and dad getting a divorce
3. Did they all go to school?
4. Did they go to counseling?
5. What was going on between me and her dad?
6. Why was her dad gone?
7. Was her oldest brother still going to school?
8. What happened between her and her younger brother on the bus?
9. Were they being punished for being kicked off the bus?

ANSWERS:

1. No there is not any hitting, beating or domestic violence going on in our home. Our kids are grounded when they get in trouble from IPods, video games, TV, etc...
2. No we are not getting a divorce nor are we fighting and we don't fight in front of the kids to start with.
3. Yes they all goes to school and when they are out they go to the Doctor and have a note.
4. Our 12 year old was being seen at school for his counseling. Our 17 year was being seen at school for his counseling until the counselor stopped going to see him. Our daughter had missed apps with the Doctor and had to do a drop in to get back in counseling.
5. Nothing is going on between me and their dad.
6. Her dad had left to go to Ohio to take a class for a new job that he would be gone 14 days, home 3 and gone 14 again but after he took the class did not take the job. He was gone one night.
7. Yes her older brother is still in school
8. Our daughter and youngest son got into a fight on the bus and got suspended for three days. They are kids and siblings and simply got into a fight.
9. They were grounded from the video games, TV, I pods for being suspended off the bus.

We had a meeting a few weeks ago with Comminucare and the impact lady there. The impact  lady said it seemed as if I didn't even want the VOLUNTEER impact service and I didn't. All they do is tell you where to get food stamps and info like that but the catch is they come to your home once a month to do it. I didn't need the info or want the service. The day after the meeting the impact lady called me and said if I didn't want or need the service she was fine with that and I told her ok. So I DIDNT drop out of anything. She called me and they reported I called her and dropped out.

I called the worker Tuesday morning and talked with her. She was the worker that closed our case. She assured me she was just checking out the allegations and that nothing was going to come of it and that talking with our daughter had cleared up a lot. I assured her that we had been there/done that and been told that before and it didn't happen that way. She has to speak to the boys and I told her she could only speak to them if I was present and she said that was fine.

I then called the Comminucare worker at school and told her I was aware they had called and of the allegations that was made and from that point on she was NOT to speak with my kids at school or anywhere else. I also told her I had told the worker that I would be calling them and telling them that. We talked and I did let her know I was not at all happy about any of this. She almost seemed taken aback that I called and confronted her and I don't care if she was or not. I will not be a "target" with these people ever again and will not go down without one hell of a fight.

My next call was to the assistant principle at the two youngest one school. I have talked to her many times and she is a very nice and honest lady. I told her I was aware CPS had been there and that I know the law is that I have to be notified BEFORE CPS is allowed to talk to or see my kids. She said that was not the law and I told her she needed to talk to their lawyer to find out because ours said it was. I told her I was not happy about this at all and from now on I want to be called before they are allowed to speak with my kids. She said she cant call me for that but she can call me and let me know when CPS has been called. I at this point am like ????? REALLY?? We did talk and she said she knew half the time when they called CPS that it was bull but they have to by law. She also said she does give the workers a hard time because it does affect the kids in a negative way.

So now what? I called an attorney and am going to meet with her next week before meeting with the worker. I will not but up with this shit pardon my mouth anymore!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment