Friday, May 3, 2013

4 homes in 6 months

I would love for someone to tell me how moving kids to 4 different homes in 6 months is good for them? Or to homes with a both working parents when I was a stay at home parent with them? Or moving them in the middle of the night? Respite homes because they didn't want to fool with them for Thanksgiving?

One thing I made sure of was that they didn't split my kids into different homes. I felt they had always been together and should stay together plus they could protect each other.

The first foster home was a single lady who had a teenage foster daughter. She made it every clear she didn't like my boys at all. She said she would keep Mindy but not the boys. So they moved them.

The second home wasn't bad or so we thought. The foster mom did work and they did have a sitter. The foster mom did believe in talking to me about everything with the kids. We talked about school and sports before she put them in sports.She put Clint in football and Jeff in Karate and Mindy was doing horseback riding. They were all taking piano lessons from her as well. But they weren't there very long before Mindy had one of her PTSD rages and when foster mom was safely holding her down to keep her from hurting herself or someone else CPS threw a fit. The police was called and Mindy was placed in Our Lady Of Peace for almost 3 months. At 10 PM one night I got a call from the kids and foster mom crying because they were moving them to a respite home and finding them a new home. All because foster mom tried to keep my daughter safe by wrapping her arms around her.

The boys went to a respite home for the night and Mindy went to Our Lady Of Peace. The next day they placed them in another foster home.

This foster home was an older couple and they were downright mean to my kids. The foster dad many times made threats to physically attack Clint. Clint didn't put up with that either. Foster dad drew his fist up to Clint several times. On the nightly phone calls the kids were not allowed to tell us these things or we wasn't allowed to talk to them. They sent them to a respite home for Thanksgiving because they had family coming in and didn't want the boys there. They literally lost Jeff several times. Once in the neighborhood and several times in the store. They told them they could go shop alone and lost him. I was livid!! When Mindy was let out of OLOP and went where the boys were it really didn't go well. Foster mom was just mean in every way she could be to them.

Foster mom didn't like Jeffs "behaviour" and had him put in OLOP after Makayla came out. She said he was to hyper. I said from day one I did NOT want him on medicine and she wouldn't stop until they out him on meds for ADHD. My attorney told me not to fight it or they would come after me for medical neglect.  They give him his medicine at school to help him sit still but we do not give it at home and I will not!

No comments:

Post a Comment