Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Good Day

Two weeks ago I finally broke down and saw a physiatrist  What a difference that one man made in my life. I have been on several different meds for depression, anxiety and PTSD in the last two years since our life was torn apart by CPS and KSP but not much was working. When all of this first happened to us I was told if I went and got help for depression they would use it against me in court.

So two weeks ago after waiting forever I finally got in to see a GREAT physiatrist. He put me back on xanax and on Cymbalta. He told me it is ok to cry, be angry, be sad and yell. That I have every right in the world to. He said me and my kids need to find a way to rise over the bad that has happened to us. And yes that it does hurt to talk about this and I feel like it makes it worse but in the end talking will make it better. So I now have an app with a counselor and that day I started this blog. We as a family as a family are also working to help other foster kids with things they need.

The last two weeks I haven't cried or screamed and have been more focused on how to make a positive out of a negative. And also on how to change laws and make people be held accountable for what they have done to us.

So I saw my Doctor today and he said I was smiling and he was smiling because I told him the plans we have and the positive way he affected me. Am I still mad? Oh yes! Im very mad but its time to take that anger and make it effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment