Friday, May 3, 2013

Starting over

Starting over was not what we had planned. We had lived in the same place in Shelby County for going on six years and had established roots. The kids had their friends. We had family close to us. My husband had worked there for 15 years. Clint was in football and Mindy cheerleading. But low and behold when the news channels posted our faces and the accusations on TV and the newspaper put us on the front page our lives there was over.

When the kids came home their friends were so happy to see them. When we took them to school the first day their friends went nuts they were all so happy! But we couldn't go anywhere that someone didn't question us or give us the look.

We had two big problems. The deputy sheriff at the Shelby County High School and the Resource officer at Heritage Elementary school. Those two didn't know anything but what the media reported but they sure felt the need to run their mouths to everyone.

One of Clint's best friends was at our house more than his own home because his mom was a single mom. The Deputy Sheriff felt the need to call this child's parents into the school to tell them that he didn't need to come to our house because we had had our kids taken for abuse and sexual abuse. They were told we were bad parents and their child should not come near us. It just so happened that we had already told this childs mom what happened but the dad didn't know. The mom called me and told me about being called in the office and being told this and more. She was as amazed as I was that anyone would go around talking about people like this let alone the Deputy Sheriff for the school. I was so pissed to be blunt. I got in my car and went right to the school. Of course the principal said this lady would never do that and he would talk to her about it. The next day I got a phone call from the deputy sheriff herself saying she hadn't worded it like that to the parents and did I want to tell her what happened so she could help. Yeah right like that was going to happen. I just flat told her she didn't know the facts or what had happened therefore she needed to stay out of it and keep her mouth shut. So she then called the mom of Clients best friend to ask her why she told me that she had told her what they talked about. So I called the school and told them about both phone calls from the Deputy Sheriff at the school and called the board of education office and told them if they didn't shut her up I was going to sue the crap out of them.

Then the resource officer at Heritage  Elementary called our CPS worker to tell them he didn't think we should have our kids back because we were poor. Are you kidding me? Who was he to say such a thing? Thank goodness for his sake he left for China to do volunteer work that week. I was so mad. I went to the school principal there and told him what had happened and the counselor there. The principle simply said that was the resource counselors opinion and he had a right to call CPS with any concern that he had. I told him I would be calling the board of Education office. He quit that year when school was out. This was the school all three kids had went to and I couldn't believe they were acting that way.

So we decided to move. We moved two hours away from there. We have started over here. The last day of school the secretary at the elementary school asked my kids where we was moving and I plain told her it was none of her business. She was best buddies with KSP and went to Troopers Island with them every year. She was the last person I wanted to know where we moved to.

Starting over has been hard. We moved way in the country. We live so far out we don't even get a cell phone signal. The house we moved into is old and being redone from top to bottom. We moved to a farm which was new to the kids but they now love farm life. They had to make all new friends and start all new schools and this was after being moved 4 times in 6 months while in foster care. But we finally have some peace. Only the counselors where the kids go for counseling know what happened. Mindy told a few what she thought was friends at school and learned very fast that was a mistake.

We didn't want to move but we did and we have survived this far and will keep surviving as long as we have each other



No comments:

Post a Comment