Friday, May 3, 2013

Holidays

Mindy's birthday was October 28. We were able to get friends to supervise and got to take the kids to the park and have a party with her. The day went really well.

Jeffs birthday was August 30. His birthday was the day after mine. Since he was born we had never been apart on our birthdays. I don't know who was more upset me or him. We got to have a small party for him in the office with a worker watching.

Clint's birthday was December 14th. My husbands birthday is December 7th and they celebrate their birthdays together. Birthdays that year was very hard on us. We were able to get them each cakes and gifts but didn't get to have them on their actual birthday.

We were able to get the boys for Thanksgiving but not Mindy. Our friends couldn't supervise a visit that day.

Christmas was a nightmare! We always did some gifts Christmas Eve at my parents and gifts Christmas day with my grandparents. We didn't get to do either of those. We got the kids a few hours Christmas Eve and Christmas Day because our friends supervised Mindys visit. Christmas Day the kids just cried and cried when they had to go back and so did I. Christmas was always a huge holiday for us and it was ruined. The kids were told they weren't allowed to bring anything we got them back to the foster home.

A few days before Christmas Jeff said they didn't have anything under the tree and wasn't getting anything from Santa because the foster parents said they were bad. I asked foster mom if I needed to bring her stuff to give them and she got very mad and snotty. In the end come to find out had  the school the kids went to not bought for them they wouldn't have gotten anything for Christmas at the foster home. I am actually friends with one of the ladies who bought for them for Christmas.

Even after the kids came home Holidays have never been the same. Because of the no contact order with my brother and the kids and my brother and me we have missed Christmas with my parents and grandmother every since then. I often wonder if the Holidays will ever be the same again

No comments:

Post a Comment