Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Being A State Troopers Daughter


I love my dad with all my heart. I was always SO proud of what he did for a living. He was a Kentucky State Trooper and worked his butt off for them for 24 years. He followed the law to a t. He would even put one of his kids or wife in jail if needed.
Being a cops kid wasn't easy. People expected the best from you. They thought you should never do any wrong. But there is a saying. Preachers kids and cops kids are the worst. It didn't take long for me to realize throwing my dads name around to get out of trouble usually got me into more trouble. Most people didn't like dad because he was a cop and he did follow the law so strict.
I was told by a State Trooper once that once a cop always a cop and once a cops kids always a cops kid. That the KSP stuck together and was always family no matter what. The trooper said if you was ever in trouble or in a wreck you would get taken care of first because you were "family"
Well thats a bunch of shit. Nothing but a lie. They turned on my dad so fast his head was spinning. The detective that made the lies up about us, Mitch Harris, didn't like my dad and my dad didn't like him. Mitch said it was time my dad learn he was a "nobody". Well whatever. Family my ass.
I always wanted my first born son to follow in my dad's footsteps and become a KSP. His dream was to follow him and be a KSP but not anymore. I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I hope one of my kids goes to school and becomes something to take down people like Kate and Mitch and the other bad ones.
I'm still proud of my dad because he followed the law as a KSP and still does today. He was given the raw end of the deal by KSP. He taught us right from wrong and even though none of his kids because anything famous we did turn out ok. We have our own families and we follow the law regardless of what we were accused of. He is a good man that was done wrong. Our whole family was done wrong but justice will be done. And it will be done legally unlike what was done to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment