Saturday, April 27, 2013

Court

When you feel like your whole world has crumbled down around you I don't understand how anyone thinks you can go to court and hold yourself together. To start with our Judge was Judge Miles. Remember he is the one that didn't help us with my husbands ex wife and kids. 

The day didn't start well anyhow. When i was walking to the courthouse there stood my step daughter Cathy and her mom Anita. I will be honest I was so mad I couldn't see straight but my husband told me to keep my mouth shut. I simply walked right by them as if they wasn't there while my husband stood and talked with them. The nerve of them to come to a closed court case over something they had caused!

My husband and I both had legal aid family attorneys waiting for us. He went to talk to his and I went to talk to mine. Mike Simms was my attorney and one of the first things he told me was I was not to speak to anyone but him from then on. We talked some but not much before we went in front of the Judge.

I was sitting with my mother in law when Cathy came and sat beside me. She went on to say that I should give her and her mom custody of my kids. I got up and walked up to Mike and told him what she had said and he said there was no way any Judge would ever do that. That was some relief for me.

We went up to stand in front of Judge Miles and Mike leaned over and said oh by the way Clint is in the hospital. I thought for sure I was going to pass out. When they arrested me and took them away he said he was going to kill himself so they took him to Kosairs and left him. They didn't even wait for him to see a Doctor and settle in because as the worker said it was past her time to be off work. My baby had been in Kosairs for a week and I hadn't known.

How they expect you to function is beyond me. It was all I could do not to strangle the lying CPS worker Kate Jeffcoat and stop crying for five minutes. The Judge told us the kids had to stay with CPS and made orders for us to visit and set another date to come back.

That was the start of our court dates. We was in court every two weeks for 6 months fighting for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment