Monday, April 29, 2013

The care plan

After we left court we were told to meet Kate Jeffcoat at the CPS office in Shelbyville to do a care plan. The thought of being in the room with kate made me sick. My attorney was also there with me as well as Kates supervisor and our new worker Geneva Bruce. I was still at the point that i couldn't stop crying. They were asking us things like did the kids sleep with a nightlight, did they use certain soap or shampoo and said they would make sure and buy all the special things the kids used. We were given so many papers that day to sign that i don't even remember what they all were. I remember jumping up at one point and running from the room crying. Kate followed me out and so did my attorney Mike because i had told him she better stay away or i was going to beat the hell out of her.Kate went on to tell me that it was ok to be sad and cry and I was thinking had she not been such a liar we would not be where we were.

Our care plan was pages and pages long. We had to take parenting classes. We had to take a class on signs of sexual abuse. I had to have random drug testing and alcohol testing. We had to set up visits. This meeting went on for what seemed like hours. How they expect any good parent in their right mind to comprehend losing their kids, false accusations, jail, court and case plans all at one time is beyond me. I could barely sit up at this point let alone make major decisions.

Geneva Bruce introduced herself as our new worker. She went on to say she was there anytime we needed her and I could call her every single day to check on the kids if I wanted. I'm sure she didn't literally mean that but I assured her I would and I did. Every single day I called her. If something was going on with my kids at 8PM at night I blew her cell phone up texting her. Mike my attorney got mad and said her job stopped at 5 PM and I said as long as she is my kids caseworker her job is 24/7 and I meant that.
There was a very few couple of times I was sick and didnt call her so she called me to make sure I was ok since I hadnt called her.

No comments:

Post a Comment