Friday, April 26, 2013

The start of lies

Our life went on as usual. Football practices  swimming, summertime and two of the kids went to Troopers Island. Everyday life was normal for us and pretty good.

We had made sure Mindy went on with counseling. Whenever the CPS worker Kate Jeffcoat would call us we would do whatever she asked. We had nothing to hide. Kate called to tell us that a Kentucky State Police Detective that lived about four houses down from us would be calling us to talk with us about what had happened.

I should have known then that my life had just went to hell in a handbasket. Let me back up just a little. My dad was a Kentucky State Trooper for 24 years. The Kentucky State Detective that was doing the investigation was Mitch Harris and he didn't like my dad and my dad didn't like him. My dad had been very loyal to the Kentucky State Police and felt like they were his extended family. Mitch literally said my dad was a "nobody" and needed to learn this. Mitch had made it well known he didn't like dad and didn't like my family. He even went as far as to bring another one of my brothers to my house and tell me that he shouldn't be walking down the side of the road. Mitch was drinking when he came to my door because I could smell it on him and his wife drove him to my house. My brother was very upset because Miitch had pushed him around in front of some other Trooper friends and proceeded to tell him that our dad was a nobody. We called the Kentucky State Police and the Trooper that came to our house said we had to ignore Mitch as he "was a drunk". I knew at that point it was gonna get bad.

Mitch told all of us to come to the Police Post so he could talk to us. So my husband, the kids and I all went. He made it all out to be calm and told us he wanted Mindy to go to the childrens center in Louisville to be questioned and examined  We said ok as we wanted to help as much as possible.

Kate had us come in and sign a paper saying that we would keep the kids safe and away from my brother Joe. We agreed to this and was fine with it. While we was with Kate the kids said they were scared that she was going to take them away and she told them and my husband and I many times that we had done nothing wrong and that she would never take them away from us. What a blatant lie!

Mitch and Kate set up a time for us to take Mindy and the boys to the Center for children so they could be interviewed. We spoke with the Doctors and they all talked with the kids. The exam they did on Mindy they said was all normal. When we requested the records from there we was told no. We did get some of the records in the police report from our legal aid attorneys.
 Also please feel free to comment on each blog or ask questions

No comments:

Post a Comment