Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Seeing the kids for the first time

Clint was released from Kosairs after we had our care plan meeting. A worker went and picked him up and brought him to the CPS office. I will never ever forget seeing him for the first time since they took them. I grabbed him and wrapped my arms around him and wouldn't let go. I just kept telling him I love him and asking him if he was ok. He said yes he was ok and mom can you please let go now. I know I held him for a good five minutes before Kate Jeffcoate rudely told us to come out of the hall.

We went in a room where they had glass and they sat on one side and watched and listened to everything we were saying. At that point I was so glad to see him I just didn't care.

The foster parent was bringing Mindy and Jeff to the office so we could see them. I don't know who ran to each other faster me or them. I just grabbed them and didn't want to let go. We all went back in the meeting room and of course they had a lot of questions. Geneva called me out in the hall to tell me that we weren't to talk about what had happened and just to tell them we just wanted to visit with them so we wasn't going to talk about it. Do you know how hard that was one me? I wasn't allowed to answer any questions they had. The whole point of that was they didn't want me to say anything negative about CPS or KSP. We tried to make the best of the little time we had with them.

It didn't seem like we had very long with them. We asked them if there was things they wanted from home and told them we would bring them the next visit. About all we could say at that point was we was doing what we could to get them home as fast as we could.

Leaving them that day was terrible. The foster mother had brought them and when it was time for them to leave the workers got in their cars and left and left us standing in the parking lot with our kids and foster mom. They got in her truck and before we got back to our car Mindy and Jeff was running across the parking lot screaming. The foster mother was all mad because they wouldn't get in the truck. We hugged them and I carried Jeff back to the truck while Mindy walked with my husband. I had to literally put Jeff in the truck and fasten his seatbelt  He was screaming for me not to make him go and I was crying and said I don't have a choice. He was screaming crying and saying yes you do. The foster mom shut the truck door and drove off. Later when i was thinking about it I came to the conclusion we must not be such bad parents if the workers felt comfortable enough leaving us alone with them. For all they knew we could have beat the foster mom and took the kids and ran. This was only the first week of the next 6 months of hell we would have....

No comments:

Post a Comment