Friday, April 26, 2013

Normal? I don't think so....

We tried to keep things as normal as we could for our kids even with the hell we were going thru. It was almost time for school to start so we bought school supplies. Our oldest was in football so he was going to practice. It was a hot summer so we was doing a lot of swimming in our pool.

About the only thing that wasn't normal was the total chaos we were living with my husbands kids and ex wife. It was constant trouble with those three. Caleb(changed) was 24 and Cathy(changed) was 18. Hi ex wife Anita was just a downright idiot. Caleb was living with us and wouldn't help around the house, always had friends over, was rude to the kids and very disrespectful so I told him he had to move. Needless to say this didn't go well at all. Words were said and here we went. He was making threats to our 16 yr old and me and fighting with his dad and on and on and on. So he called his mom and it went from bad to worse. Next thing I know she is at our house and yelling and cussing at my kids. I called the police and this went on forever and they finally told her if she didn't get in the car and leave she was going to jail. It didn't stop there. The police were at our house 5 times in 4 days over her coming over, making threats, yelling and cursing me and my kids, etc. I had lived with this from her and my step kids for 12 years and was done. I applied for an EPO on my step kids and my husband applied for one on his ex wife Anita.

We went to court in front of Judge Miles and he didn't do anything despite the threats to kill me that Anita had made. He said we all needed to stop. Well all I wanted was peace and all she wanted was to make our lives hell. All orders were dropped. At this point I flat refused to let my step kids come to our house, around me or my kids and even changed our phone number. I was fed up. But not as fed up as I was going to get.

A few days later Kate Jeffcoat came to us and told us she had a report that I had hit Mindy across the back and slapped her face. Kate had spoke to Mindy and Mindy told her it wasn't true as well as the boys did. So my husband called Caleb and Cathy and asked if they had went to CPS and why they had done that. Caleb said yes they had and that Cathy and Anita had done most of the talking. When he was asked why he said that their mother Anita had told them if they didn't go lie to CPS that she would throw them out in the street. At that point I was done and still am to this day. (This all happened three days before the sexual abuse came out)

The next day my husband I got up and went to see Kate at CPS. Kate assured us that she didn't believe the accusations and felt that they were made as revenge for the EPOs being taken out against them. She said we would be getting a letter saying they accusations were unfounded and the case was closed. We never did get that letter and in fact they used it against us in court.
 Also please feel free to comment on each blog or ask questions


No comments:

Post a Comment