Saturday, April 27, 2013

The day of hell....

August 4, 2011 was one of the worst days of my life. What started out that morning as normal ended up terrible. Mitch Harris called around 10 that morning and said he needed us to come in and finish some paperwork and our case would be done. My husband was at work and I didn't have a car so he said he would come get me.

We got dressed and Mitch was there pretty fast. He was at one door and another officer named Brian was at the other door. Me and the kids got in the car and was on our way to post when Mitch asked where my husband was working. I told him I wasn't sure where he was working that day or when he would be home. The rest of the ride was quiet and the kids were sitting in the lobby at post and I was standing outside the door smoking.

I was done smoking and walked in the lobby and my phone rang. It was my mom. She was yelling at me wanting to know why my dad and brother had been arrested. I was in total shock and asked her what she was talking about. The kids could hear her yelling and tell I was confused and they started getting upset. Mitch Harris came and opened the door from the lobby and told us to come inside Post.

I was still on the phone with my mom and she was still screaming at me. Mitch was on my left side and the kids were on my right side. Mitch started yelling at me to get off the phone. At that point I was so confused I didn't know what to do. Mitch reached up and grabbed my phone yelling that he told me to hang up the phone. About that time the other detective on the right of me grabbed Mindy by her arm and was yelling and I mean yelling in her face. That got my attention and it was on.

I yelled at him not to touch my daughter and not to talk to her like that. Mitch grabbed me from the left side and to be honest I went off. I Brian was still down in Mindys face yelling at her and I was yelling at him that I didn't care who he was he had no right to talk to her like that. After that all I can remember is hearing the kids crying and Mitch was grabbing me and pushing me around and even knocked me down.

He pushed me into a room with a whole bunch of desks and a couch with a coffee table in front of it and down onto the couch. I looked up and there sat Kate Jeffcoat. I straight out called her a stupid bitch and the Troopers said I wasn't going to talk to her like that and she stupidly said "excuse me"? Kate looked at me and said so is your dad the father of Clint my 16 yr old. I'm not even going to say what I said but Troopers came from everywhere and put me in handcuffs. Mitch read me my rights and asked me if I understood and I just glared at him.

The Trooper was walking me thru the hall and I saw my brother. I told him it would be okay and I loved him as I walked by because I could tell he was scared. I kept asking to see my kids and promised the Trooper I wouldn't do anything and I would tell them to calm down and it would be ok. He let my boys come in the hall and I told them I loved them and it would be ok but he wouldn't let Mindy come in the hall. I could hear her crying in another room. She later said she thought I had left without talking to her because I was mad at her.

That day I was arrested for Failure to report sexual abuse as well as my husband and dad was. My brother was arrested on 15 counts of rape and 5 of sexual assault on my daughter Mindy. My life had went to hell and back a couple of times in just a few hours. That was the start of the long fight we would have.
 Also please feel free to comment on each blog or ask questions

No comments:

Post a Comment